We have some fantastic news! Our board-certified Dermatologists are now available to treat almost all conditions via telehealth. Our providers are very enthusiastic about
caring for new and established patients via virtual telehealth visits. This is a convenient and safe option for patients with dermatologic needs.
How does telehealth work? Here is our simple process:
- Call our office or request a visit online. Our team will review your concerns to determine if telehealth is right for you.
- If covered by your insurance, our team will schedule your visit with one of our providers.
- Our scheduling team will verify your demographic information and provide a visit link by text or email. If you are a new patient, we will also email you a link to our patient portal, where medical history can be completed.
- On the date of the visit, our check-in team will call you prior to your visit to virtually check you in.
- Shortly after check-in, your link will be activated—and you are one click away from being face-to-face with your doctor!
Still not ready? Here are some FAQ’s:
Q: I am not comfortable with technology, what if I can’t get it to work?
A: Our team cares about your experience and we will take the extra time to troubleshoot any connection problems with you.
Q: I don’t have a smartphone, can I still have a visit?
A: Yes, our doctors can perform telehealth virtual visits through smartphones, computers, iPads, or other tablets—as long as your device has a camera.
Q: What does it cost?
A: Our office will bill your insurance for your virtual visit. Copay, coinsurance and deductible amounts may apply, and these amounts are due at check-in. CMS/Medicare and many other insurance companies have temporarily changed the billing rules to allow for Telehealth visits to be billed, processed and paid the same as in-office appointments.
Q: What if during my visit, the provider states I will need to come into the office?
A: Our Raleigh office is currently open on a limited basis for any urgent needs. Your provider will tell you if you need to be seen urgently, or if a follow up can be scheduled
for a later time.
Q: What if I lose connection during my telehealth visit?
A: While we work hard to make sure our technology is working, sometimes this could happen. If you lose your connection, please be patient and our team will reach back out to you by phone.
Q: My generation doesn’t use smartphones and computers like younger people do, and this doesn’t sound fun.
A: Actually, we have had positive feedback from our patients of all ages, appreciating the opportunity to have a face-to-face visit with their doctor. Our team will go the extra
mile to help you feel comfortable and get connected. Please consider giving it a try!