As we age, two things happen. One is the loss of facial volume which can result in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This in turn can produce drastic changes in the appearance of your cheeks, mouth, nose and chin areas. Injectable dermal fillers, such as Juvederm®, are one of the most common, least invasive, non-surgical methods proven to help smooth wrinkles and restore a more youthful appearance.
The second issue is lines created by repetitive expression, such as the “11” lines (or scowl) between our eyebrows. The use of neuromodulators, such as Botox®, can greatly improve lines between the eyebrows, on the forehead and crows feet. This is a quick 10-15 minute treatment that many people do on a lunch break and consider a ‘no downtime’ procedure, as there is rarely much swelling or bruising.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Commonly referred to as “wrinkle fillers,” cosmetic injectables can help address a variety of common issues including:
- Lines around the nose and mouth such as marionette lines, smile lines, and parentheses
- Sunken cheeks or temples
- Vertical lip lines
- Thinning lips
- Chin creases
- Asymmetry among facial features
More affordable than cosmetic surgery, dermal fillers begin to show results in as little as 30 minutes with results that may last from 9 months up to more than 2 years. Factors that can affect how long your results may last include your age, overall skin health, type of injectable used and your skincare routine.
How Injectables Work
There are several different types of cosmetic injectables that are commonly used for cosmetic purposes:
- Dermal Fillers: Made from a variety of gel-like substances, dermal fillers (or soft tissue fillers) are injected just beneath the surface of the skin to restore lost volume, smooth lines, soften creases, and/or enhance facial contours. Dermal fillers can be made from either naturally-derived or synthetic material.
- Botox-type Injections: Used for both cosmetic and medical purposes, these type of injections are used to target the muscle that lies beneath wrinkles and creases. By blocking nerve transmission and by softening the contractions of the muscles creating expression lines in certain areas of the face it helps the skin in those areas to remain smooth and unwrinkled.
You should only use dermal fillers or cosmetic injections that are FDA-approved and administered by a licensed or certified healthcare professional.
Injectables We Offer
A brand of botulinum type A injection, BOTOX® is used cosmetically to temporarily diminishes or eliminates lines and wrinkles on the face by relaxing the facial muscles that contract and cause lines and wrinkles to form in the first place.
A brand of botulinum type A injection similar to Botox, Dysport® improves the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows
Made of biosynthesized, non-animal hyaluronic acid, JUVÉDERM® is free of allergens that may cause adverse reactions in some patients. It offers the same cosmetic benefits as animal-based hyaluronic fillers, without the risk of allergic reaction and is available in several concentrations for the treatment of different types of wrinkles and creases.
- PRFM – Platelet Rich Fibron Matrix
We offer the option to inject PRP/PRFM under the eyes to help with crepiness, fine lines and wrinkles and dark under eye circles.
PRP/PRFM injected into the scalp can help with thinning hair and can also be injected in the face to help with collagen production, smoothing of fine lines and thickening of the skin.
Made from biodegradable hyaluronic acid, Restylane® is commonly used for facial wrinkles and contouring. For most patients, the results last about 6 months making it one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatments.
Kybella® is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment for submental fat–the area between the neck and chin also known as a “double chin.” Its active ingredient is deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring chemical that helps the body break down and absorb dietary fat during the body’s natural process of digestion.